“It is an adventure in bringing the Christian life to fullness, the heart to alert, the soul to focus. It does not concern itself with the questions of how to make a living. It concerns itself with the questions of how to make a life.” –Joan Chittister
As a community that worships together we are drawn again and again to seek Jesus. We come together with others who also seek peace, justice, and hope for the world.
Worship is when we remember who we are as God’s people and are grounded in the wisdom of scripture.
- Bible readings show the breadth and variety of voices within scripture.
- Music enriches our worship and becomes another avenue for prayer. Our lively worship features a mix of traditional hymns and more current songs led by top-notch musicians.
- Holy Communion is celebrated weekly and is open to all people. No exceptions.
- Baptism is celebrated upon request. Contact Pastor Julie
Finally, each Sunday between worship services we have a time for conversation, connection and refreshments. We serve fair trade coffee and donuts!
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.” Mark 10:13-14 (NRSV)
Intergenerational worship is important to our life together at Amazing Grace. A weekly Children’s Message incorporates concepts from worship into an easy to understand message that children (and adults) can enjoy.
Welcome to the Pray Ground!
This past year we created a space in the Sanctuary where children can pray and play during worship. This allows children and parents to fully experience worship while keeping children occupied with soft toys, busy bags, books and other activities. A nursery is not staffed, but is available for parents who want to accompany their child(ren) to a quieter space during worship.
Sunday Morning Worship (September – May)
- 8:00 AM Worship with Holy Communion
- 10:30 AM Worship with Holy Communion
- Exceptions to this schedule can be found on the Calendar
Summer Worship – Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Sundays at 9:30 AM Worship with Holy Communion
- Outdoor Worship with Communion at the backyard bonfire – 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of June, July, and August
Christmas Eve Worship
- 4:00 PM Family Worship with Holy Communion
- 10:00 PM Candlelight Worship with Holy Communion
Wednesdays during Lent we journey to the cross together through worship at 7:00 PM. Join us for a meal and fellowship before worship beginning at 5:30 PM.
Holy Week Worship
- PALM SUNDAY – Shout Hosanna!
- 8:00 and 10:30 AM Worship with Holy Communion
- MAUNDY THURSDAY – We Remember…
- 7:00 PM Worship with Holy Communion
- GOOD FRIDAY – At the Cross…
- 7:00 PM Worship
- HOLY SATURDAY PRAYER VIGIL – We Wait…
- 9:00 AM – 12 NOON
- EASTER SUNDAY – HE IS RISEN!! ALLELUIA!!!
- 8:00 and 10:30 AM Celebration Worship with Holy Communion