See, I am making all things new. Revelation 21:5
At Amazing Grace Lutheran Church, we are experiencing growth! This page will provide ongoing updates on what’s new and what’s in the works.
- The neighborhood is growing! Hundreds of new homes are under construction in our Inver Grove Heights neighborhood, and we are excited to meet and welcome these neighbors.
- Staff and other leaders at Amazing Grace are learning, growing and embracing the innovation that comes with this season of change. The following open positions were recently filled: (Click here to meet our full staff!)
- Pastor Julie Wright is our new Lead Pastor. She comes to this role after serving this community for two years as Associate Pastor.
- Interim Pastor Roger Hardy has joined Amazing Grace part-time for a few months to provide leadership during this time of transition. Pastor Hardy has many years of experience leading congregations in Minnesota and Michigan.
- Tim Marburger began serving as Children and Youth Minister in December 2016. Tim brings 30+ years of experience and a bright outlook to his role.
- Trudy Johnson is a part-time Finance/Office Assistant who publishes the monthly newsletter and works with the Financial Secretary and Treasurer regarding church financials.
- Barb Forthun joined us this January as Sanctuary Choir Director. She comes to us with years of experience in music education and choral directing.
- Sunday School Co-Coordinators Kami Burgess and Trisha Ebensteiner will be bringing their love of children and deep faith to the young people of this congregation. We are thrilled to welcome them in these new roles.
- Even the church office is in the midst of a makeover. Fresh paint and re-organizing is doing wonders to bring a fresh look to our work spaces. Clutter be gone!
WHAT’S IN THE WORKS?
In 2016, a 5-year strategic plan was adopted, which through the leading of the Holy Spirit guides our way into the future. In 2017, we are beginning to tackle some of these goals. Let the conversations continue!
As we consider how to welcome new neighbors, we remember what it feels like to be in a new place with new people. Church leaders are discerning how to be focused on engaging with our new neighbors, learning about their needs and passions, and listening to their stories of how God is at work in their lives.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
Amazing Grace Lutheran Church is a resilient congregation that is focused on living out our mission – Joining God at Work in the World. Weekly worship and making meaningful connections helps ground and strengthen us for this mission.
- Worship on Sundays at 8:00 am and 10:30 am
- Summer Schedule (Memorial Day – Labor Day) 8:00 am and 9:30 am
- Sunday School and Education for Children, Youth and Adults at 9:15 am
- Additional opportunities for connection, service, and Bible study are found throughout our website
Here’s the easiest way to find information on what’s coming up:
- Activities are highlighted in the calendar
- If you have questions, please call the church office at 651-455-0093
- Contact Pastor Julie Wright for any pastoral care needs.
Please contact Pastor Julie Wright or call the church office at 651-455-0093 when you are in need of care. Let us know when you or a loved one is:
- Sick or injured
- In the hospital
- Having surgery
- In crisis
- Having trouble with marriage, family or other relationships
- In need of prayer
Remember that due to HIPAA privacy rules, hospitals do not inform us when you’re in the hospital.
Church office: 651-455-0093 or firstname.lastname@example.org